Google updates have been very aggressive over the past month but each day there seems to be a growing list of useless results showing up post update. The EMD was one of the biggest so far as it was combined with Penguin 20 but there are several “non-commercial” queries that appear to have been targeted and the new results are simply shit. The following updates listed below are designed to present a better result specific to types of queries such as “coles chapel street”, which was previously a useful search result that included listings that contained trading hours but are now mostly useless post updates.
- LTS. [project “Other Ranking Components”] We improved our web ranking to determine what pages are relevant for queries containing locations.
- #84010. [project “Page Quality”] We refreshed data for the “Panda” high-quality sites algorithm.
- #82862. [project “Page Quality”] This launch helped you find more high-quality content from trusted sources.
- #83689. [project “Page Quality”] This launch helped you find more high-quality content from trusted sources.
- #84394. [project “Page Quality”] This launch helped you find more high-quality content from trusted sources.
- nearby. [project “User Context”] We improved the precision and coverage of our system to help you find more relevant local web results. Now we’re better able to identify web results that are local to the user, and rank them appropriately.
- #83377. [project “User Context”] We made improvements to show more relevant local results.
- #84586. [project “Other Ranking Components”] This change improved how we rank documents for queries with location terms.
- gps-data-team.info – GPS data provider listing of store map details
- truelocal.com.au – local directory listing of store details
- coles.com.au – google local listing and homepage listing
- wahtsopen.com.au – search query indexed
- indeed.com.au – jobs at store
- liquorland.com.au – bottle shop next door
- au.parkopedia.com – car park directory
- truethai.com.au – thai massage parlour across the road
- skylinesaustralia.com – nissan skyline forum post
- gtav.asn.au – history of chapel street development
Can someone please explain how the new Google algorithm updates presenting these types of results does anything better when the previous results were much more relevant. Have you seen any random results post updates that are just off target? Note that I’ve tested in Bing is pretty much just as useless the only difference is the Google results got worse.