Google has really increased the visibility of their privacy policies to ensure they are consistent with data protection laws. You can’t use Google.co.uk search services before you accept their privacy notice.
Before you continue…
We’ll need you to do this in order to continue using Google services.
A privacy reminder from Google
Data we process when you use Google
- When you search for a restaurant on Google Maps or watch a video on YouTube, for example, we process information about that activity – including information like the video you watched, device IDs, IP addresses, cookie data and location.
- We also process the kind of information described above when you use apps or sites that use Google services like ads, Analytics and the YouTube video player.
Why we process it
We process this data for the purposes described in our policy, including to:
- Help our services deliver more useful, customised content such as more relevant search results;
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones;
- Deliver ads based on your interests, including things like searches you’ve done or videos you’ve watched on YouTube;
- Improve security by protecting against fraud and abuse; and
- Conduct analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used.
We also combine data among our services and across your devices for these purposes. For example, we use data from trillions of search queries to build spell-correction models that we use across all of our services, and we combine data to alert you and other users to potential security risks.